Monday, October 13, 2008

Three Day Weekends are GREAT

This weekend was a busy and full Saturday and a VERY relaxing Sunday.

Chandler ran cross Country in Decatur this weekend. This was the hardest course yet with the most and hardest hills ever. She was running against about 150-200 7th and 8th grade girls from all over the metroplex- there was even a school from Austin. SO because the school was up on a hill you could see most of the course from one spot. She was doing amazing in the beginning...not pushing it too hard and I was waiting for her after one of the biggest hills. She got to me and gave me that "mom, I can't" look and my heart broke. She took a few steps and started running again. I cheered her on and prayed and even ran alongside her for a few yards. Christ did give her the Strength to finish the race with excellence. She finished 11th with a time of 14:34. She was disappointed because only the top 10 medal ed but she did GREAT! The majority of the top 10 were 8th graders so we were VERY proud! I didn't get any good pictures because a good ol' point & shoot camera doesn't really do the trick for the sports..so hopefully I can get my hands on a new camera-or at least borrow one- for quad county on the 22nd. At county she will only run against 7th graders...which is a plus.

Riley played in Rio Vista Saturday and they won. Chad and friends said he had a GREAT game too(I had Saturday night service so had to miss it) He had 3 sacs on the QB. Next week he plays out of town again in Whitney on Saturday night-- I'll be at work/church. Week after that it'll be a home game- can't wait!

Sunday we spent the afternoon hanging new decorations in the living room-yeah! and relaxing during the Cowboy game.

Today was a great no school day. We slept in, went to lunch, saw Beverly Hills Chihauhuas(sp?) Absoltely HILARIOUS and ended the day carving pumpkins!
It feels like fall! Life is beginning to slow down a bit and the weather is AMAZING. Praise God for a great 3 day weekend!





2 comments:

Cyndi Davis said...

Good job to Chan on the race! Glad you got a little R&R this weekend and thanks for sacrificing Riley's game to mold little minds for God... I know it isn't always easy.

April :) said...

I love the pumpkin face --- very happy!