Sunday, December 6, 2009

What do moms of 14 year olds do?

PANIC!!!!! Just kidding....sort of....(breathe)

14 years old!!! Where does the time go? I can not believe that my babygirl is 14. For some reason this birthday was harder than 13. The reality set in on Thanksgiving when somebody said in casual conversation "Chandler is going to be in highschool next year" Honestly is took me for a loop...I mean, HIGHSCHOOL!!!!! Really???? My calm, cool, and collected response was..."No, she will be going to the 9th grade center" The reality is that my babygirl isn't a babygirl anymore. She is grown up... and has grown up choices to make and grown up responsibilities and temptations and the truth is...I'm so proud of her and how she has handled them so far. Parenting is a challenge but worth every bit of energy invested. I know this is just the beginning of this new "season" in life called TEENAGER but I'm ready. The Lord has given Chad and I an AMAZING daughter...we are lucky to be her parents. So friends, on those days that I struggle, because there will be days, remind me that this is a season and I am lucky God has CHOSEN me to be her mom! Happy Birthday Chandler Paige!

14 things I LOVE about Chandler
1.) She makes me laugh ALL the time
2.) She challenges me to think
3.) She is so incredibly thoughtful
4.) She is a GOOD friend
5.) She cares about those not cared for
6.) She is generous with her stuff
7.) She is learning how to receive correction
8.) She is growing, personally, relationally and spiritually
9.) She has a sense of humor like her dad
10.) She is a leader
11.) She is beautiful inside and out
12.) She knows how to have FUN
13.) She is creative
14.) She is MY DAUGHTER

No comments: