Thursday, April 16, 2009

District Track Meet






Well, track season has officially ended...and officially begun, depending on how you look at it. Chandler competed in the District Track meet two weeks ago in Aledo. This is as far as they go on the middle school level so Chandler was geared up and READY. She ran the 2400 in 9:46 placing third behind two girls from Stephenville who are really fast. In the Mile she placed 4th with a time of 6:10. We were so proud of her determination and drive. She wasn't discouraged by third and fourth because both were RECORD BREAKING times for HALL MIDDLE SHOOL! It was on the WIDS website. The coolest part is that Chandler's best friend Emma also had two HALL MIDDLE SCHOOL records for long jump and triple jump. Here's a few pics from the day. The coolest part was immediately following her last run a coach from the Weatherford club track team approached her about running with them on a summer track team. Chandler is excited about this opportunity and ready to fully commit to track. If nothing else this will help her improve her form and times for cross country in the fall. Exciting things are coming!

2 comments:

teamwilhite said...

WOW- I'm impressed!

Cyndi Davis said...

Chandler rocks! I don't think I've ever run a 6:10! Great job Chan! and... good job getting back to see the race Mom. I really think you are a super Mom!