Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bloggers Block


OK so I started the year off with great intentions and high hopes to blog more regularly and to be intentional. Well, needless to say, THAT hasn't happened. So here's my feeble attempt to re-emerge into my little blog world. To be completely honest this whole blog thing has been so BIG on my heart. I've been spending ALOT of time reading blogs- about everything from parenting to leadership to ministry- and get completely OVERWHELMED by them all. I know that God has called me to write... and the content of my life is PLENTY to write about... as a wife, mom, friend, follower of Christ, leader... person in general. I've struggled with the whole who do I think I am thinking people are ACTUALLY interested in what I have to say. Then I'm gently reminded by my Father that it doesn't matter... if HE has called me to do it. So many times I drag my feet.... and I've written tons of posts in my head. Right now I'm just trying to figure out what's the right avenue. I have things I want to write about being the mom of a teenager and about being a kids pastor and for parents and for women.... but this is the Lacefield Family Blog. So, for now, this will remain all about our family with some occasional Meganisms- the ramblings of my thoughts-the way i think 'em. I also have a New River Kids Blog that I am going to be more intentional about writing on for parents. From there... who knows where this will go! Only the good Lord knows! So if you read my blog, leave a comment. I promise to not be a silent blog reader anymore. Thanks and I love each one of you dearly. If you read this blog, you know me, and YOU are special to me. thanks for loving me!

4 comments:

April :) said...

I love reading about your family and the journey's ya'll are taking! :) Happy blogging to ya!

Lindsey said...

Hey Megan,
I've honestly struggled with the issue of blogging about my regular old life as well, for years actually. But one of my blog readers once wrote to me that if I think it's interesting, then so will someone else. So I blog. I used to blog about what I thought others would find interesting, but scrapped that due to lack of energy with two little babies. Now I just blog about whatever is wracking my brain to get out. It's a wonderful catharsis and outlet, this blogging world. Also, as mothers, we all need a little affirmation and connection, and I think the blog world is an excellent tool for that.

Keep on writing! I'm reading!

ps I answered your question in my comments section of my last post.

Cyndi Davis said...

Keep blogging girlfriend, I'll read it! You have more wisdom then you know.

Susan said...

I am reading!!! I think everything you say is brilliant :) I love you!!!