Well my sweet baby boy turned ten last Monday. Lucky for him it was a school holiday... how cool is that! This year he decided he didn't want a big party. I know... crazy considering I LOVE to throw a good party... and birthday parties are HUGE for me. But anyway, he decided he wanted to go on a hunting trip with his dad for his birthday. Since deer season didn't go so well this year, Chad set up a hog hunt for late February. So on his actual birthday we spent a fun day at home. He had a few friends spend the night and they played ALL DAY outside playing Air Soft, building forts with duct tape, and just being boys. We did take a short break to head up to Riley's favorite place for lunch... yes, this is something he and I share, our passion for a certain little chicken place...and when we got back, Chandler made him Birthday cupcakes. The best part is she did them all on her own, the cooking the cleaning up after, all of it!
We finished the day with a family dinner. Everyone was there except my mom, who is with my brother in Nebraska right now.
As I look back over the last ten years I can't believe how my baby boy has grown into this kind, giving, young man whose goal in life is to please others and make you smile. He makes me laugh and shows me how to love sincerely and completely. He teaches me to enjoy the little things and I so miss the little white-headed boy who used to crawl into my lap, but I am thankful for the thoughtful young man he is growing up to be. My prayer is that his love for God and others would continue to grow and that Chad and I can love him, teach him, guide him, and be the parents HE needs to be the man God created HIM to be. I love you Riley Smiley! Happy Birthday!!
3 comments:
He is a special little man. I am happy that Caleb will have such a great influence to look up to! :0)
so sweet megan. he's truly lucky 2 have an amazing mom. fun times.
Dude --- your gonna make me crythis morning!
Post a Comment