
SO you spend twelve years with someone hoping and praying that your are loving them enough, teaching them good values and morals and trusting God will give you the strenght and endurance to be the mom HE wants you to be. Well, I am convinced that there is nothing harder in life right now than raising a pre-teen girl. You know the old saying, kids are payback for your own childhood. Here's how it went...this Mother's Day we had all the kids in our ministry write Tributes or letters to their moms telling then why they loved them and why they were thankful for them. Pat, one of our pastors read a few during his sermon. The first one went something like this....Dear Mom, Thank you for being nosy......and for always caring. FOrtunately they were posted in the Atrium as well and everyone knew I was the nosy mom, thanks Chan. I know with all my heart though that kids need nosy parents. I've said it and I'll say it again, we have a responsibility and we HAVE to ask the hard questions...and then, becasue we know we won't get the real answer in the beginning, we have to ask again. I really do wish I'd had a nosy mom....could've kept me out of ALOT of trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment